Effective and efficient communication is important in every business regardless of its size, number of employees, customers, and other business partners. Well, nowadays the communication system has become more efficient and reliable than it was before. There are many communication tools and methods available, especially for the organizations such as telephones and private branch exchange (PBX) systems. pbx phone system for small business is efficient and effective and offers smooth communication.
What are the PBX phone system and their types?
PBX is an abbreviation for private branch exchange. It is a phone system used in business communication; it transfers calls inside and outside the business office.
Types of PBX phone systems:
- Traditional PBX system: – When the technology was not so efficient and advanced, people have to rely on a physical telephone set up for communication. This telephone required equipment rooms or phone room. In this PBX phone system, copper wire landlines are used inside the business premises connected to a PBX box. This system is quite expensive and requires a lot of maintenance and care.
- IP PBX system: – This PBX system uses voice over internet protocol (VoIP) to make calls. IP PBX has almost the same functions as the traditional PBX system. Some additional features of the VoIP-based IP PBX system allow you to share voicemail, custom extensions, and offer call recording. IP PBX system requires some hardware appliances such as IP phones, handsets, ethernet ports, etc. It is generally cost-effective as compared to a traditional PBX system.
- Hosted PBX system: – It is also known as cloud PBX. It is a part or subpart of an IP PBX system that runs via internet connections to a VoIP provider. In Cloud PBX no one site equipment is required except phones and internet connection. This offers low maintenance and installation costs. All business calls are routed through the VoIP service provider. It can perform collaboration features like conferencing, screen sharing, and texting.
Benefits of PBX System for small business
As a company grows fin different platforms and the customers increase, the company needs to have a good communication system. With the immense advancement in technology, choosing the right phone system for your business can be a tough task. Here are some benefits of the PBX phone system listed below:
- It helps your business to manage incoming and outgoing calls.
- It transfers the calls between the users to the different departments.
- Provides various features such as conference and call recording.